Sunday, November 16, 2014

Giraffes Can't Dance

Each fall our local studio puts together a short ballet based on a children's book to take on the road to local elementary schools. This year's ballet was based on the book, "Giraffes Can't Dance" by Giles Andreae. This was Elise's third year participating in the show and she was cast as the butterfly. The butterfly is never mentioned in the book, but can be seen flitting her way through the various pages. She was fortunate in her costume, as Miss Mallory found a pretty costume that could be re-purposed for the butterfly. She just needed "butterfly wings" which I was able to make. 


Here she is dancing with the waltzing warthogs.


Dancing with the Scottish Baboons.
Dancing in the finale I think.



2 comments:

Chelle said...

My daughter & I would love to come and watch your daughter dance!
It was a really nice surprise to find your comment on my blog ♥
Hoping everything is going well with your new year of school!
smiles and blessings
Chelle ☺

reader19 said...

The costumes and set look so lovely! What a beautiful butterfly!