Sunday, April 13, 2014

Gift Wrap Station

I saw a very cute way to organize gift wrap on Pinterest this past year and have been planning to copy the idea. I searched thrift shops for stools, without success. In the end I dug out a couple we had stashed away. They aren't as nicely designed for this project, but I didn't want to pay $20+ for each stool when I had two hidden away in the basement.

First problem was that without a lower rung, gift wrap slid out from under the existing rung and scattered everywhere. I solved this (for the most part) by adding a duct tape rung near the bottom. The rolls can still slide out, but aren't doing it very often. If it continues to be a problem I can try to fasten a half round/quarter round ledge to the base. 

The pinterest sample had casters attached to the seat of the stool, so you could roll it to the area you wanted to work. Instead of that, I attached floor protectors that slide nicely over my wooden floors. 



I have one organizer for the Christmas wrap and another for "other" wrap. I've hung spools of curling ribbon on the legs of my stool(s) and tissue paper sorted by color on the rungs. Bows are contained in the large pouch facing out on each of the organizers. Scissors and tape are in the smaller yellow pouch on the Christmas wrap organizer. Gift bags are hanging on the wall using command hooks. I need a couple more hooks for my walls to finish hanging up the gift bags and the wrapping station will be finished. When I'm done, I should be able to go up to the attic and find all my wrapping supplies in one place, making gift wrapping a pleasure instead of an ordeal. I wonder if this will encourage my family to help with the gift wrapping.

No comments: