We started school August 29th, just easing our way in with French and Biology. Elise and Erik are both taking French (2nd year and 1st year) online through Currclick and are really enjoying the live class format and their instructor. We started Biology after I had heard that the curriculum we are using this year was quite time intensive. It looks like a pretty thorough course and as long as we complete all of it, I will not have any problems considering it an Honors level class.
On Labor Day, we added in History for Elise, Literature and Bible. Our current Bible study books are the "Bible Study Sampler" and "Why Pray". I'm personally enjoying "Why Pray". Elise has started her study of US History and Erik is tagging along somewhat. He's participating with the books we are reading aloud. Currently those books include "Before Columbus" and "Peace Child". If you haven't read it, I would strongly recommend "Before Columbus". This is the children's version of "1491" which I assume would also be a good book. We're only spending about 2 weeks on this book, but it is full of good information on life in the Americas before Columbus (and on the subsequent conquest of the Americas by the Europeans). Elise is currently reading "How to Read a Book", while Erik is reading "The Gammage Cup". I think he is undoubtedly happier with his reader than she is with hers.
No comments:
Post a Comment