I've made some headway with the ballet costume this weekend. To create a pattern for the bodice, we used duck tape again, pretty colors this time. :)
When we ran out of one color we started with another and then added butterflies for trim. Then I drew lines down the center front, center back, sides and everywhere else I would need seams to ensure the bodice fit well.
The next step was to cut the duck tape bodice apart into individual pattern pieces. I traced around these onto plain pink cotton, added seam allowances and cut the pieces out.
This worked fairly well. Once it was assembled it was clear that this would work as a pattern for the bodice. Individual seams would need to be taken in here and there to make the bodice snug, but all of the pieces (12 in all) were the right shape.
This is the unfinished bodice after being fitted to Elise. I think she is thinking pink is looking much prettier than she had hoped. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment