Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Tutu Diaries: Part 3

The juliette skirt also got some attention this past week. First I got the waistband and basque (lower part of waistband that the tulle will be attached to) completed, then I spent half a million hours or so cutting petticoat netting and tulle. This is the result: 
panel after panel of light pink, slightly darker pink, medium pink and hot pink tulle and lots of ivory petticoat net. I think I have all but one panel of tulle gathered now and ready to attach to the waistband. I have also cut the organza out for a princess type over skirt as the topmost layer of the skirt. I pinned one panel of each layer to the waistband and put it on the dress form to get an idea of what it would end up looking like. 

Overall I'm happy with the way things are looking, I just wish I had more done. That is entirely my fault, however, as I've been avoiding the attic and this project. Next step is to finish off the edges of the organza, gather it and get ready to attach it and the other layers of tulle and net.

No comments: